Payment-Options

While trying to purchase an item (Battlefield 4 Premium) via XBox Live I came across a major problem: the only way to pay seems to be credit cards. Although it is said, that there are ways to use PayPal, I can't find any option that would allow me to do so. As I do not own a credit card this proves to be something of an obstacle for me (using a credit card via PayPal is therefor also non-acceptable). I don't want to be forced to get a credit card just for this upgrade, whilst having in mind, that everything worked perfectly with PayPal and a simple debit system, which I used for many years (even more confusing is to me, why the automated Gold Membership via PayPal still works, while other payments seemingly don't). Because of this, I would like to know if there is an alternative to the use of credit cards, that gives me the simple comfort of using PayPal.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey CNT,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your Paypal.

To clarify, are you trying to purchase on the Xbox One or Xbox 360? 

One thing I would recommend trying is purchasing using paypal on xbox.com. Then you'll be able to queue the download on your console.

Please let us know how that goes and we'll work from there.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Mister Fizzle,

I want to buy it for the XBOX One and was already using xbox.com in order to do so.

According to "support.xbox.com/.../add-xbox-live-payment-option" there should be an option to add or use PayPal, but when I'm trying to follow these steps, the option of PayPal doesn't even appear. Under "Manage payment options" none of my current payment options are listed and the only buttons that can be used are "Add credit card", "add billing info", the "More Info" (in the "Can’t see this page? Your browser may need an update. More info") and the exit-cross.

And when I'm trying to purchase something it links me to that screen.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Mister Fizzle again,

I now tried purchasing it using the XBox One directly. And there it worked without problems. The PayPal payment option was choosable right from the start. So the whole problem seems only to affect the "xbox.com"-page.

As I've now found an easy work-around I don't require any more help.

Thanks anyways and have a nice day :-)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi CNT,

Glad to hear you were able to get things sorted out.

Please let us know if you have any further Xbox Support questions. Happy Gaming! 

Sorry this didn't help.