Payment options management not available

My friend and I are trying to change the card used on his gamertag for his LIVE Gold membership, as when he created the gamertag I let him use my card, but now he wishes to use his own for simplicity. The only problem is that when the link to "apply membership" is clicked to change the card, the window loads and then nothing changes. It is still my card that is set to be charged. Also, when we click to edit the details of the second card (his), the window loads the details for the first card to edit (mine). It is as if the javascript that is intended to run is not working as intended. I would like this resolved as quickly as possible as I don't have enough funds in my account right now to pay for his membership and do not wish to be charged for an error on Microsoft's part due to being unable to change card, or turn off auto-renew without having to call up support who seem to redirect me multiple times whenever I call until I find someone useful (but that's a different matter :D).

On an off-note, I don't know if this is related somehow, but the profile box on the top-right of the site won't load either of our profiles (on either of my PC or his). It just constantly says "Loading..." and has been like this for at least a month now.

I'd greatly appreciate someone being able to help me ^^

Thank you for you time

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Try the steps below. I hope it helps.

To transfer your services and balances to a new payment method, follow these steps:

Sign in to the Billing and Account Management website.

Under Your payment methods, click the payment method you want to change.

Under Payment method activity, click Go to payment method information.

Under Payment method information for this account, click Use a different payment method.

Click Add new credit card, and then click Next.

Click Add new Direct Debit, and then click Next.

On the Confirm transfer page, confirm the balances and services you want to transfer, and then click Next.

Enter the information for the new payment method, and then click Save.

Also you can contact Xbox support by phone to have the auto renewal turned off and remove your card from your friends account. They would also be able to assist you in getting the cards switched around if for some reason you couldn't do it on billing.microsoft.com 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.