Payment Options Issue

Whenever I try to connect to Xbox Live it says my account has been suspended for something or other to do with billing. A couple months ago I used my grandmother's debit card to renew my Xbox Live for 3 months while it was like 10 dollars or something like that. After that 3 months ran out I entered a 12Month pre-paid card, so I thought I should be all good. My grandmother doesn't want her card to be on the account anymore and for some reason I cannot delete it. I shouldn't have to update or add a new payment option, because I already payed my money for the 12 Month card that I bought. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

The reason your account has been suspended is because you owe money.  Odds are you got a billing issue error code.  The account probably tried to bill your grandmother's card and was refused.  You need to either go to billing.microsoft.com and arrange payment or contact support and ask to speak with billing.

The card cannot be removed while you are still in gold status as it will remove the gold.  For this, you will need to contact support and ask them to freeze auto renewal on the card.  When your gold has run out, you can remove the card.

Finally all purchasing ability has been frozen until you take care of this.  This includes adding codes for content.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, my grandmother contacted the bank and had her bank like block Xbox or something, because I think it did do an auto renewal already and took money out for it. So basically, I have to talk her into calling her bank and unblocking this? Not happening... Guess I will just have to wait until I get my debit card -_-

Also, if I remove the card while I'm on gold it will get rid of my gold status, even if I used a pre-paid card?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you contact support to have them remove the card now, you will revert to silver status.  Until the outstanding balance is paid off you cannot add any live/points/DLC to the account.

Sorry this didn't help.