Payment options and Redeeming Codes

So, over the past couple of months of me having my Xbox i've been having trouble with it. Within the first week of having it I used the 1 month free Xbox Live Gold that you get when you first create an account. When I did this it asked for a credit card to bill to, I did this but when the month was nearly over I noticed that it was going to automatically take another month off of me but this time I will have to pay for it. I immediately removed the payment option from my xbox, hoping this would do the job. 

After doing this, within about 2 weeks I had received numerous emails from xbox saying that I need to put the payment option back on the system in order to carry on playing online, thinking that I will just get billed the extra months I did not ask for I went and bought an Xbox Live Prepaid Code. When it came to using this, it did not work. I tried entering it on the xbox but a message comes up saying 'there is a problem with the xbox service. Try again later'. I have tried on my laptop on the xbox website but the same error code comes up. 

I went to look on the 'My Account' section on the xbox live website, but it would not let me. I read somewhere that I need to be able to get on there to properly cancel unwanted cards? But I am unable to get on there, even though it lets be sign in perfectly fine. 

Please someone help me out, I'm getting tired of it!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there Alta! Sorry for the confusion here, but I believe I know what's going on. Removing the payment method does not actually prevent your account from being billed. If auto-renewal was on, then it would still try charging your account.

What you're seeing now is, most likely, because your account has a past-due balance on it. You'll need to contact us directly to speak with a billing agent who will be able to help you sort this out. You'll need to pay off this past-due balance before using your account or adding any prepaid cards.

Let us know how that goes, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.