PAYMENT OPTION NOT VALID!?

When I try and connect to xbox live, it says my payment option is not valid. So i go to account management and then select the card i want to use. 
Then im connect to xbox live until i go onto a game, or sometimes, I connect then disconnect and the problem starts again. 

So i went onto the xbox website and checked the details for my DEBIT card. (does it matter if its debit or credit?)
anyway, I put in the security code and checked everything and clicked save.
Then it said my card isnt valid and then says "please verify"..
what do i do!?

oh, and it also says im suspended due to a payment option!
and i just remembered I bought Portal 2 from Steam, using the same debit card and Steam is completely legal.

its getting annoying >:C 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

I believe that the system will not accept DEBIT cards.  You need to use a CREDIT card,  or you can

1. Go to  a local game store or electronics store and purchase a subscription card with a code.  You can use your debit card to pay for it there.

2. If you have the new update and have a paypal account, you can use paypal to make your payment.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Its doing the samething to me but im not sure whether its paid for a months xbox live, wether it ran out in the first place, but now its saying ive got a gold and its just keeps going

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.