Paying for a monthly live subscription when features are clearly broken is an outrage

Im extreamly unhappy with many things at the moment....the biggest problem is the friends list and party options, they are retarded to say the least......9 times out of 10 i cannot turn on party chat, its a struggle with 2 people and virtually impossible with anything more then that, the whole thing is a mess and we should be treated better as customers then charging full price for a system which is still clearly flawed, its against my consumer rights to pay for something which is broke, sort it out or i will switching to PS4 as the experiance i am having is a real moody breaker and something i feel i am being ripped off for

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Unfortunately problems will occur with any console ( I have a PS4 and it has it's own issues ) especially early on, it's just a matter of sitting tight and waiting for the problems to be fixed.

So in my opinion both Xbox One and PS4 have some "niggles" but nothing for me that has made me regret my decision to buy them.

Obviously though for anyone that is really unhappy and unwilling to wait for the problems to be sorted then maybe it is time for you to move on?

Either way, hope it works out for you.

Yes it's terrible, your losing a few cents a month for thoses few things not working the way you want them to. I'll give MS a chance, I know there working very hard at upgrades that involve thousands of lines of code!  

Ps4 is likely no better. Why not just gladly keep paying for a service you are not happy with for the next 3-6 months in hopes that MS eventually improves it some day?

[quote user="KROSER"]its against my consumer rights to pay for something which is broke[/quote]It's not broken, it just works in a different manner than the previous generation.

Also, if you're paying monthly for Live you're doing it wrong.

There are some tweaks I hope they make, but nothing that makes it unplayable.  The party chat defaulting to off is a bit silly in my view, but I'm sure with feedback from the community, things will be improved on.

^^ No, it's broken. The previous generation it worked. It took about a half hour for 1 person on my friends list to get into a chat together and we both have an open NAT.

-

It's broke, but hopefully they will sort it eventually. It was clearly rushed as to not lose too much ground to Sony.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

I don't use chat or party chat, so for me it ain't broke.  Now, when Xbox Live went down and I couldn't even log in to my console to play a game the day before thanksgiving, that is broke.  With the way the console stores your saves to skydrive, when XBL goes down, you can't even play a game that you have a disc for.  Sure, I am annoyed that you need XBL for access to other services that you are already paying for, but I don't need to access those services through Xbox.  Sure, it's nice, but if I didn't have a gold subscription, it wouldn't bother me too much.

-

Like someone else already commented, PS4 and the PSN have their own issues.  I guess the grass is always greener on the other side.  That is until you jump the fence.

It does sound like you're having some trouble with yours.  I haven't had any issues personally along those lines, just the inconvenience of having to enable party chat.  

I don't get why people are complaining about this stuff. I recently read a different post and remembered when I first got the 360 it was no way near what they have it now. And its a different system with different technologies so coding is going to be different. So its going to take time to get things working.

[quote user="proneto911"]

I don't get why people are complaining about this stuff. I recently read a different post and remembered when I first got the 360 it was no way near what they have it now. And its a different system with different technologies so coding is going to be different. So its going to take time to get things working.

[/quote]

People are complaining for exactly the reason you just stated.

The 360 made improvements over 8 yrs and when they released the One they broke or removed many of those features. So now we are expected to wait until we get back what we already had last gen? Where's the logic in that?