Paul Thurrott about New Xbox

Paul Thurrott reveals some details about Microsoft's next-gen platform, and claims that "always-online" requirement is accurate!

Who is Paul Thurrot? 
Paul Thurrott is a noted Microsoft insider and runs Paul Thurrott's Supersite for Windows.

Watch "What The Tech" Ep. 159: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01qrzaZg7_g#t=54m44

Paul Thurrott: 

1. Microsoft is launching a 99$ Xbox 360 codenamed "Stingray" this November alongside of the Next Xbox.
  2. Because the next Xbox isn't going to offer backwards compatibility for 360 games.
    (But that I don't actually know, that I'm guessing. And it's based on the fact that they're making one cheap Xbox 360 for Xbox 360 games. Because of that I don't think that the new Xbox will play 360 games.)
  3. New Xbox will cost around 500$ for a normal unit, or 300$ for a subscription model.
  4. Blu-Ray included.
  5. It actually says 'must be internet-connected to use' in the notes.
  6. They're going to announce it May 21. 

Every new day it's beginning to look more and more that all this details about Microsoft next-gen console is truth! Why? Answer is simple, do you really think that company like Microsoft will accept that sort of damage what this sort of rumors can do and doing at the moment? And not only just some simple rumors, there is also comments from Microsoft employees! Microsoft selling today and next weeks, less games, music and movies because of this leaks. There is also a lot customers who already thinking to go and buy PlayStation 4. So why Microsoft accepting this kind of damage??? There can be only one answer, ... ... ...

What you think? Share your thoughts with others here! 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

lol.   More conspiracy theories.  Who cares?  As mentioned probably 57 times already, wait for E3, all of our questions will be answered.  The rumors are just that....rumors.  I'm glad the stand MS is taking in regards to them... if they responded to every idiot with a blog, they wouldn't be able to actually do their jobs.

Vlogger/Blogger = truth......................ROLF!!!!

Man the internet has gotten crazy lately.....

if "must be connected" means to force online verification for content I've paid for that is for use offline, this will send me and everyone else elsewhere. if MS doesn't learn from EA's recent SimCity mistake, they deserve a mass exodus...MS's officially policy is to not comment on rumors, but these rumors are out of control at this point and have a life of their own.

I personally wouldn't worry to much.  I'm sure whatever MS has in store for us is going to be amazing.  Hopefully they can secure some additional exclusive games.  Also don't like the idea of no backwards compatibility, one of the reasons I bailed from PS.  That and the servers were horrid.

Bluntman stop trolling everywhere!

[quote user="EdragonXX"]

Bluntman stop trolling everywhere!

[/quote]

With the point here made here though, he's right.  This is just some random blogger, and it doesn't proof a single thing.     

Am not buying a new xbox because of "YOU HAVE TO INTERNET"  i have a real problem with a company telling me they want $500 of my money then limit what i can do with it and be monitored by xbox at all times.....i *** on M$ no new xbox.......PS4 all the way

^^  lol @Irish.  Tell you what, I'm gonna start a blog and say that you won't even need electricity to run the next xbox.  You sprinkle some fairy dust and *poof* that thing will stay on permanantly!   People will start threads about me, saying "Oh...dude... it's Eggnogga... he runs a super awesome Windows website!" and the rumor-mill will flow far and wide.  Then...when E3 comes around, and MS debunks my myth(s), well.... I will be forgotten... just like all this crap we're hearing now.

My window cleaner told me Sega are making a new console ..........