Paul Thurrott reveals some details about Microsoft's next-gen platform, and claims that "always-online" requirement is accurate!
Who is Paul Thurrot?
Paul Thurrott is a noted Microsoft insider and runs Paul Thurrott's Supersite for Windows.
Watch "What The Tech" Ep. 159: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01qrzaZg7_g#t=54m44
- Microsoft is launching a 99$ Xbox 360 codenamed "Stingray" this November alongside of the Next Xbox.
- Because the next Xbox isn't going to offer backwards compatibility for 360 games.
(But that I don't actually know, that I'm guessing. And it's based on the fact that they're making one cheap Xbox 360 for Xbox 360 games. Because of that I don't think that the new Xbox will play 360 games.)
- New Xbox will cost around 500$ for a normal unit, or 300$ for a subscription model.
- Blu-Ray included.
- It actually says 'must be internet-connected to use' in the notes.
- They're going to announce it May 21.
Every new day it's beginning to look more and more that all this details about Microsoft next-gen console is truth! Why? Answer is simple, do you really think that company like Microsoft will accept that sort of damage what this sort of rumors can do and doing at the moment? And not only just some simple rumors, there is also comments from Microsoft employees! Microsoft selling today and next weeks, less games, music and movies because of this leaks. There is also a lot customers who already thinking to go and buy PlayStation 4. So why Microsoft accepting this kind of damage??? There can be only one answer, ... ... ...
What you think? Share your thoughts with others here!