Password Reset Issues

Hey Xbox Community,

I  have an old email I used to sign up for xbox with. I really  don't want to lose all of my gaming history, achievement points or CoD  unlocks but I don't know what to do. My old  hotmail email  was setup a  long time ago by my ex and I have no idea what she put in for my  security questions,  but I can't remember the password nor do I know the answer to my security questions ( for example,  I've never had a fish and my question is setup to be my first fish name).  now  Microsoft would like me to confirm my information to log in and I can't provide it. I am still paying a  monthly subscription for a gold account I can't access and was wondering if there was another way I could verify my information without losing my gamer profile.  credit card would be the most obvious answer but it's  not an option from what I'm seeing.  any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dark5tar22

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 29 Applies to:

For these issues its best to go to (support.xbox.com/.../contact-us) and talk to a support agent, make sure to click contact us and go through step 1 and 2, and select anything but xbox live ambassador as they cannot assist you with account validation. if you would rather call the number is as follows: 1-800-4MY-XBOX ( 1-800-469-9269 ), goodluck!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Your Microsoft account password Help:

If you can’t remember your Microsoft account password, you can reset your password online. In a browser, go to account.live.com/.../reset and enter the email address for your Microsoft account. You will be given different options to have a password reset link sent to you.

If you can’t reset your Microsoft account password by using the reset options provided, you can recover access to your Microsoft account by completing an online account recovery form. To do this, go to https://account.live.com/acsr and follow the steps to complete the form to recover your account.

For additional information about resetting or recovering your Microsoft account password, see Microsoft account password forgotten.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.