Password Problems

First of all sorry if this isn't in the right place.

I haven't been on Xbox live for a while now and i take it windows live id is your hotmail/msn log in details but i recently changed the password and when i try to redeem a prepaid card for Xbox live it keeps saying my new password is wrong Ive tried both old and new one but it still wont work. Any help or advice would be very helpful, Thank you

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

well whatever your email is ex: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** request a password reset form and have it sent to your email and or windows live id email that you used. if your email is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** go to www.aol.com and sign into your email, then go to mail and or spam, and search for a message that says "password reset link" and click on the second link and then enter a new password with 6 or more characters with at least one number in it, but remember your secret answer and password cannot be the same. so for example change your password to microsoft1 and their you go. but remember it could take up to 48 hours to update so be patient. i hope this helped!!!! And remember never give out your windows live ID, email, password, or all of the above.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you are having issues with your account information, please call phone support in your region. support.xbox.com/.../contact-us.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.