Password problems

My email got hacked awhile ago, and i've gotten a new one, but my gamertag is from 2005.  I tried to recover but cannot remeber a lot of information since i moved from a few states I have everything on my console and everything nothing fishy has happened, but i still can't get on here or anything and want to change it so there is no issues.  Can I call and get it changed so i can fix the email or am i screwed and have to start over?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hey there!  If you don't remember the email, then you will need to get in touch with Xbox Phone Support and verify the account.  They will be able to give you further instructions from there.  If you know the email, but don't remember your password to the account, but DON'T have access to the email any longer, please feel out this form by going to http://account.live.com/acsr   Thanks! :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Support cannot change the email for you. First you will need to clear up the password issue, after you have the password you can then create a new Microsoft Account out of the email you want attached (if it's not already attached to another gamertag) then go through the process of changing the MSA to the gamertag on the console. Account.live.com is where you go to reset the password if you know the old email address. If you don't know the exact email address to that gamertag you can call support, but they can only provide it if you know all the account information to prove ownership.

I AM NOT A MICROSOFT EMPLOYEE NOR FORUM MODERATOR. However I do know a lot about acct recovery.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.