Password Problem

Well, the problem I have is that I do not have the password for my Gamertag's associated account. I have tried doing the Microsoft account recovery form, but of course it wasn't enough information. I posted for help on the Microsoft Windows Live ID forum, and a moderator eventually escalated my issue to an escalation agent. The escalation agent said that he couldn't help me as there was not enough information given when the account was made, many years ago.

He did say however that Xbox support has a process of validating accounts using Xbox Live info. This would be great for me bcause I don't know the accounts password, but it is saved onto my harddrive so I still use it everyday through Xbox Live. He gave me a link to the basic Xbox support page, which wasn't helpful at all. Where can I find that process he mentioned of validating my account with Xbox Live info? In my past experiences Xbox support doesn't deal with Windows Live ID passwords, so are they just giving me the runaround here? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

call (1-800 4 my xbox) they will help you

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've seen people with this problem before and if you call (1-800 4 my xbox) and explain the steps that you have already taken, an agent should be able to help you take it to the next step. It's not a guarantee but its the next best step.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.