Password not accepted for wireless connection

Hi, I bought my son an xbox one last Christmas and he's been online via a wired connection until now.  I have looked forums etc and not found any answer as to why I can't the xbox one won't accept the password (from the router box) for the wireless connection.  This is what I have been doing:-

Settings

Network

Set up wireless network

Then we choose our network (yes it definately is the correct network I'm choosing)

It then asks for the password, which we put in, making sure that it is case sensitive (its all cap locks anyway) that is written on the router

Its swirls then goes back and says its wrong.  I've even tried my password to here but still nothing.  Really being driven insane as he has to keep taking my wireless adapter plug and cable for the desktop computer.  I've checked the router password by disconnecting my mobile phone from the network and re-joining so the password is correct.  Any help would be great.  Please explain in simple steps as I'm not too good with all the console technology terms lol :)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

try taking the router's personal ID number, it can be on the back of the router and should be able to connect to the internet. I had a wireless modem and needed to do this frequently when I disconnected. Try this.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.