Password Issues

I bought the XBox from my friend used about 6 years ago. I never changed the email associated with it or the password to it, because I assumed he wouldn't use that anymore. The username is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. The problem is he changed the password to the email address, and it will not let me recover my Xbox Live profile or change the password anymore even though I did not change it. I have the billing information for all the recent purchases on the Xbox, because it was done using my debit card. Is there anyway I can get the password changed? I tried to recover the account, but since it was a gmail account, I couldn't. This wouldn't be an issue, but the Xbox does not read discs anymore, and I want to upgrade to the slim, but I don't want to have to rebuy live since I just bought a year in October.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

The only thing you can do to recover this account is go to Http://account.live.com and click on can't access your account? enter your email address and use one of the options it give you to reset the password

If you can't use any of the options it give you then click on the link that says can't use any of these options? and fille out the questionaire

first you are going to get an email at the alternate email address you put saying it will take 24 hours to hear a responce back.

the next email you will get will depend on the information provided. one will say you have provided us with enough information and give you a password reset link

the other will say you have not provided us with enough infomration and there will be a reference number.

if you get the second one the call xbox support at 1-800-4MY-XBOX and provide them with the reference number and the console ID number from the xbox and they should be able to do more for you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

By your description, when you got the console, you continued to use someone else's profile on it, even after all these tears.

That is actually a violation of terms of use. Technically the account in question is registered to someone else, and you should have created your own in the first place.

We cannot do anything about altering passwords for you on an account that is in somebody else's information.

Sorry this didn't help.

Suggest you get the fellow whose email you used to forward to you the reset password verify code (which will allow you to update JUST the Microsoft Account and won't affect his Gmail in the slightest), and otherwise you will just cancel the account out from under him anyway - but, be diplomatic which will increase your chance of success. If he does help, then do Settings | Account | --> --> Account Security | Change Microsoft Account and slide a new Microsoft Account addresse you can create at http://signup.live.com underneath your gamertag: Problem Solved!

If he fails to support you, you can then call Support and have them cancel the subscription and give you the time remaining in the form of PPC codes, then go to http://signup.live.com to create your own Microsoft Account, and create your own gamertag at http://xbox.com by signining up for LIVE where you can use the codes you were given.

Sorry this didn't help.