Password for xbox live log in

I just got off the phone with xbox live phone service. I was on the phone for about an hour. If anyone knows please let me know. Is there a way to setup the xbox live account so you have to enter a password to log on. If you go into parental settings you can turn the xbox live option off but then you can't log into the gamertag and sign online without going into settings and turning the xbox live option back on. Once you turn it on you have to save and exit. So if I turn on my console again it will just sign right back onto the internet. The reason I ask is because my girlfriends 3 year old decided he was going to download a bunch of things and spending my microsoft points. Of course he has no idea what he was doing he just kept cicking ok I am sure. I wasn't home when it happened. I tried deleting and recovering the gamertag hoping for an option for signing on. I just find it wierd that microsoft has a no refund policy on downloadable content but gives an inadequate way to protect the xbox live account holder. At this point I think my only option may be to figure out how to rerun the initial setup on the machine and hope for an option to not autosave the password for the xbox account. Any ideas are appreciated thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

There is absolutely a way to do this. You can use a passcode for logging into your account, and turn off auto-sign in to make sure it's required every time the account logs in. support.xbox.com/.../pass-codes

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.