Password for downloads

I am very new to this. Seems my kids know more than I. Which is scary. :/ I have my Xbox live and gold membership set up already. I created the password. My question is: before one if my kids can download anything or purchase anything, does it ask for the password each time? Do I have to set it up to do that? I don't want them charging things to the account.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

There is no way to set up a password just for purchases. You could either create their own accounts so you can add parental settings to keep them from making purchases. Or not leave a payment option on your account if you want them to use yours.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I do wish Xbox would realise that we parents need more control on kids purchases. Whilst I understand that they are in it for the money - as a parent of a 14 year old son who find the Xbox store more like a candy store - please please xbox hear our plight - allow parents to set up a card payment scheme that when they want to purchase a game, add-on, points, live acs, etc we have to put in our own pass code. To only have the 2 options you do in this day and age is silly, its alright saying we need to control our kids but when the card details are on their, and in the heat of their game - they don't think to ask first!!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, ShadowInWhite! For full details on how to handle accounts for children, please check out Smwutches post above or our Xbox 360 Online Safety and Privacy settings for child accounts page. This should help you out. This thread is almost a year old. If you need further assistance, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. This way our community can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. :)

Sorry this didn't help.