password change zen challenge

My son has just got xbox live gold. He cannot remember his password and we have been unable to change it as we have to complete a verify you are an adult section which asks for credit card details. This template only has US address settings and we are in the UK.

The xbox support people say that the windows ID (gmail.com) is tagged to the US by default as we did not enter UK details when setting it up.

This means that we cannot reset the password as we cannot verify adult status as the windows live ID is tagged to the wrong region.

Anyone got any ideas how this might be resolved? Otherwise we will have to start a new account (doomsday option) 

been on the case for 5hours and am now asking the forum. Thanks in anticiption of answers

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Greetings, Duke! I'm really sorry to hear you haven't been able to change the password on your son's account. I understand that situations like the one you are experiencing can be unpleasant, and I do apologize for the inconvenience.

If your son's gamertag is registered to a region other than the one in which you currently located you may experience problems such as the one you are describing. Continuing to use an account with region discrepancies may cause issues for you in the future as well. Unfortunately the way to get around this is to create a new account registered to the correct region.

Very sorry for the inconvenience! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I Aggree with Mister Darcy i have heard of this problem before and the only way that i have every found being able to get around it was to create a new account and to make sure that the settings are right first. unfortunately i do not believe that you will be able to transfer xbox live Gold status to the new profile unless you are running on the family plan in that case you could just take the other account off of your family account and then add the new account. Again I appologize that this has happened

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.