Password before payment needed

Rightly or wrongly, I let my 4 year old kid play on my account. This is because we both love minecraft, but I build much better worlds than him. Therefore, I will build a world and play it and when I get bored with it, I leave it for him to do what he likes with. Because we can't share worlds or give worlds to another player, we can't do this with him playing on his own account. However, I got out of the shower today to find I now had a years worth of gold membership and an overdrawn credit card. As far as I can see my only option is to remove my CC details and re-enter them whenever I wish to buy something, if I were to continue letting him use my account. To be honest, having to do this is most likely going to result in me not being bothered and spending less money on xbox. However if an option were available to enter a password before being able to make a purchase, I would leave my CC details, continue to spend money and not have to worry about my son making purchases. As it is, I am removing my CC details and will probably spend a lot less money on xbox in the future. Would microsoft ever consider implementing something like this? Or do they just assume that everyone has their own account and as each account is password-protected then it's not their problem?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

I can see why a password is not needed to make a purchase on the console, because presumably, everyone should be using their own account and it's possible to make a passcode necessary to sign-in to an account.

On Xbox.com, making purchases require you to put in a password to confirm a purchase for added security, so there is what you are looking for, for making purchases on the website at least.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.