passkey question

Just trying to understand how the passkey works on Xbox One. On a master account if I take away the ability to download app's or limit internet browsing, or limit the types of games that can be played on the master account, is that passkey protected on the master account? Meaning that no one can change those settings on the master account without the passkey? Or can someone just log into the master account and change the settings without a pass key? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 65 Applies to:
Answer

Its an optional feature. In fact there are many different ways that you can choose from in order to sign into your xbox live account.

The options found in (Settings + Sign-in, security & passkey + "Change my sign-in & security preferences") are as follows:

Make it fast, make it magic: The kinect sensor will recognize you in the room and will sign you in. However other people can still sign you in using the controller.

No barriers: Simply select a profile and sign in instantly.

Check that it is me: You can use your kinect sensor to sign you in, but a passkey is required to change certain settings, purchasing items from the store and will be required if the kinect fails to recognize you.

Ask for my passkey: A passkey is always required for sign in, purchasing items or changing your settings.

Lock it down: Your Microsoft account password will be required for sign in, purchasing items and settings changing.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

Hi Klubbie

A passkey is required in order to change settings on the master account. However if you use a passkey in order to login to your Xbox Live account and other people know this passkey as well, they will be able to change settings on the master account as it is the same passkey.

Hope that wasn't confusing.

-rocky

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.