Party Mode or Lock Down for XBOX 360

I have a weird request/problem, and I've been Googling for a solution with no luck.

I'm organizing a large party, probably around 100 people, and we're going to have a couple of XBOX 360 consoles with Kinect there for Dance Central and the like.  I'm not worried about the consoles physically wandering off, because I can Kensignton-lock them to the table or whatever, and I trust most everyone that's going to show up.

That said, I'd like to be able to lock-out certain functions on the console, so that no one accidentally (or intentionally) deletes save games, user profiles or downloads content without checking with me first.  I know that the consoles at the Best Buy are locked down to prevent a lot of this, but when I asked them how they did it, they said it was a special software image from Microsoft.

Someone suggested that I use the Parental Controls, which at least prevents someone from purchasing points and downloading DLC, but it doesn't stop someone from changing accounts and deleting stuff.

So, does anyone know how to setup an XBOX so that it plays the game in the drive and not much else?  Preferably in a way that I can undo when the party is over and I want all the other functions back?

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Unfortunately this option is not available to a consumer only large companies like Best Buy, Game Stop and so forth, but I can say that using any software or altering the Xbox outside of it being done by Microsoft could result in that Xbox being banned from access to Xbox Live since it will violate the Xbox Live Code of Conduct and terms of use.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I guess the only thing you could really do in that case is perhaps ensure their isn't a hard drive in the xbox in which they can delete games.  Also ensure there are no payment details saved onto the consoles.  I don't know if the games you want to play require xbox live anyway, if not then don't have it connected which will severely limit what potential damage could be done.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.