Party Chat XBOX one

Now I have no idea where a suggestion would fall, but I do have one for Xbox One party chat. Well two actually.

1) make party chat compatible between 360 and One. There are issues with running both systems logged in under the same gamertag, and many of us might be playing games on Xbox One, but chatting with friends that can't afford or haven't moved to the Xbox One yet.

Currently I play Battlefield 4 on Xbox One and am in party chat with everyone on the 360 since a few friends haven't switched and we aren't going to just leave them behind. But this causes problems on the One. Battlefield 4 might not load properly or might force close and you are sent to the dashboard.

2) turn party chat on by default. It is really dumb that "off" is default when the point of party chat is to CHAT WITH THOSE IN THE PARTY. This just baffles me as to why that is even an option. Who joins a party to not chat with those in the party?

Well that's my little post for today. I'm sure many others have the same desire. If you do, comment and let's see if a Xbox team member picks this up and runs with it. The only thing I say XBOX One is now missing is Minecraft. Mojang, hop to it! I have an itch and it needs a pickax!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

[quote user="RumplyPubi1"]

Now I have no idea where a suggestion would fall, but I do have one for Xbox One party chat. Well two actually.

1) make party chat compatible between 360 and One. There are issues with running both systems logged in under the same gamertag, and many of us might be playing games on Xbox One, but chatting with friends that can't afford or haven't moved to the Xbox One yet.

Currently I play Battlefield 4 on Xbox One and am in party chat with everyone on the 360 since a few friends haven't switched and we aren't going to just leave them behind. But this causes problems on the One. Battlefield 4 might not load properly or might force close and you are sent to the dashboard.

2) turn party chat on by default. It is really dumb that "off" is default when the point of party chat is to CHAT WITH THOSE IN THE PARTY. This just baffles me as to why that is even an option. Who joins a party to not chat with those in the party?

Well that's my little post for today. I'm sure many others have the same desire. If you do, comment and let's see if a Xbox team member picks this up and runs with it. The only thing I say XBOX One is now missing is Minecraft. Mojang, hop to it! I have an itch and it needs a pickax!

[/quote]The One uses a higher fidelity codec than the 360 does.  Not sure if the 360 is capable of running that codec (I would assume it could but I am not sure).

I can talk immediately when I am in a party chat (at least on 360 not sure of the settings for One, yet). 

[quote user="SparkStormrider"]

I can talk immediately when I am in a party chat (at least on 360 not sure of the settings for One, yet). 

[/quote]

Party chat is set to off by default on Xbox One. It's simply just broken right now. More than half the time I try to turn it on, it says it can't and to try again later.

The only way I can get it to work, is to join a friends party that already has it on, leave, create your own party and turn it on, then invite the player that originally started the party, and that doesn't even work 100% of the time for us.

Ok well me and a few others on the Xbox one are having problems with the party's and I even looked around and don't know where to go on this site or even if this is the tight place to go for help but I kinda wanted to report this problem to see if they could try to fix it but the problem is when I start a party or even join a party it just kicks me out or makes it where I can not go to party chat only game chat and a few of my frinds had the same problem so I know it's not just me and thoght I say this so they could try to fix it and it even did this try agine or go to Xbox and put "0x8000ffff" in and I did but that dills with Xbox love on the Xbox 360 not the party problem so I hope somebody sees this who can fix it thx