PARTY CHAT Friends Playing DIFFERENT GAMES ? NOW CANT JOIN Ranked matches ? What going ON !!!!

On 360 Friends could join party chat and it would  not effect the way your party interacted or dictate what you  can play..... Now when in a party chat the game gets dedicated to the party.. .WHY ? Example 2 people playing killer instinct in a party cannot play in a multiplayer match if you have a 3rd member in the party even though he is playing a different game. Ryse is another example Co-Op will tell you there are too many people in the party to start the match even though 2 people are playing Ryse and the 3rd is playing something else...

Why are the parties now dedicated to the games your playing????.. .ALthough it was meant to be a good feature trying to make it easier to play games together it also took away from being able to freely speak to multiple friends playing different games... This feature also defeated the purpose of a game invitation as you are automatically taken into matches or prompted saying you were added to the Game party withough accepting anything......

We Need an update fast 

Although this is no major issue it does take away from the versatility of xbox live as we are now a newer generation but we have lost privledges that we had on the old generation (360) 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Agreed. Parties need to allow all your friends join the party, not just the ones playing the same game.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

the 360 party chat was the main feature that leant me towards Xbox Live as opposed to the PSN where you had to play the same game as the one person you were allowed to chat to. I agree the One party chat needs sorting out. I talk to many different friends at once who are always playing different games so this is a bit of a let down. If it isn't broken Microsoft, don't fix it!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.