Party chat broke since update today

Anyone know whats up ?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm able to invite a friend to party chat, but we can't hear each other. In game chat, my friend can hear me, but I can't hear them. Our mics show up, and i can tell that he's talking, and he can tell that I'm talking but like I said, he can't hear me. We both have the update, and we've had it for about a week ever since we got the registration invites. No problems until today. It worked perfectly fine last night with other people that had the update.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Me and my cousin were having this issue. We went into our router and turned on the DMZ option to allow all ports on the Xbox One. This fixed it. Try that. I think it is an issue with your router after the update. FYI we both have ATT Uverse.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yup I'm still having problems.

Sorry this didn't help.

"Due to network limitations, you can't join party chat right now" problem for me too.

Sorry this didn't help.

A partial transcription of a chat with Xbox support, with my name replaced by my gamertag:

Kazmine: I can see that you are having issues with your account with regards to the new update, correct?

Isometric: It would appear so, since the problem began after the update rolled out.

Kazmine: I see. I apologize for this, Isometric. Don't worry after the whole update everything will be back to normal. Our system is making some improvements when it comes to party chats, invites, multiplayer gaming for more exciting experience.

Isometric: So the party system is widely or totally unavailable until the update has finished rolling out? Am I understanding that correctly?

Kazmine: Correct.

Isometric: And is there an estimated time that the update will finish rolling out?

Kazmine: No estimated time yet.

Isometric: Well thank you, Kazmine! I understand that this is not personally your fault, but if I may, I'd like to suggest that some sort of official response to this issue be posted on the support forums. The lack of information regarding what to many is a very frustrating problem only makes it more frustrating.

Kazmine: I understand where your coming from, Isometric! Our engineering team are very busy since they are making improvement for you experience better on your gaming time. Don't worry, I will personally reached to them so that this will be done the sonnest possible time Isometric.

Isometric: I appreciate your help! Have a great rest of the day/night, depending on where you are!

Kazmine: Thank you so much Isometric!

Sorry this didn't help.

Same issue and error here.

Sorry this didn't help.

"Due to network limitations, you can't join party chat right now".  All of us have the update.  All of us could chat before the update.  None of us can chat now no matter the combination of people.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thought this update would fix the perplexingly convoluted process of inviting friends to games and joining parties. Now I don't even have the opportunity to weave my way through that because, as of this update, the whole process is straight up broken. Inviting a friend to your party doesn't work. Inviting them directly to the game doesn't work. I can't even get a party chat going to voice my frustration with the friends I'm trying to invite. At least I could do that before this update. Next gen should be an evolution, not a devolution.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem. Been troubleshooting for over an hour. Game invites don't work, either. Both of us have update and we've even tried using very specific multiplayer matchmaking searches to get in a game together, but when I did finally "find" him in a game party on PvZ, I got a connection error and was booted back out to the main menu. Power cycled, checked to make sure NAT is open, and so on. Nothing works. Massively and hilariously ironic that this update was supposed to finally "fix" the party system...

Sorry this didn't help.

Same thing here. looking forward to a quick resolution.

Sorry this didn't help.