Party can't hear me while on Xbox Live

I suddenly started having a problem two nights ago when joining a Xbox live party with my friends. I can hear game sound and them talking in the party but they can not hear anything that I am saying. Was working fine for the past 2 years and never had a problem before. I tested my network connections and everything came back fine (NAT is open also). I am using Turtle Beach XP 500 headphones and people can hear me when making calls with the Bluetooth function so I know it is not the mic on the headphones. I am unable to connect to the party when I select certain friends but no problem when trying with other people. I have done everything that I know how. Please someone help...not being able to chat during FIFA and COD2 are killing me.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1,100 Applies to:

i would suggest a full system reboot by unplugging your modem and router for 5 minutes, then plug in modem wait 5 mins then plug router and turn xbox on first then clear system cache.

support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello there!

I first of all suggest that you make sure you have enabled Universal Plug and Play on your router settings. Make sure all the wires are plugged in correctly etc... Make sure the required ports are enabled as well:

Xbox LIVE requires the following ports to be open:

• Port 88 (UDP)
  • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 80 (TCP)

Just to check they are open, and or how to open them view the Xbox Network Ports page. You may also want to make sure you are not double NAT'ing. View This Thread for more information on having a double NAT. Even though it says your NAT is open, it may not be. View the NAT Type Strict (Or Moderate) page and go through some of the solutions on how to fix NAT and or improve it.

Hope this helps!

Keep us posted.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.