Partnership between Microsoft and Sega in Japan!

Do you think it would be a good strategy for Microsoft close a partnership with Sega, for Sega be responsible for commercializing the Xbox brand in Japan?

The two companies would win with this initiative. Microsoft would benefit because the Sega would be a partner with extensive experience in the area of games in Japan, which would improve the acceptance of the brands Microsoft and Xbox in Japan.

On the other hand, Sega would win too because a part of the profit received from the sales of the Xbox one and their games in Japan, further diversifying the business spectrum from Sega in Japan.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

20 years ago,maybe yes.

But now Sega doesn't means much in the gaming industry,even in Japan.

So your saying that Microsoft should hook up with a company that failed miserably with their own consoles. Yeh I don't see it. Sega might make an ok publisher but as far as consoles go, I think they lost a lot of respect.

It may even be true that Sega doesn't have today in Japan the same success that she had 20 years ago. However Sega's reputation in Japan today is infinitely greater than the reputation of Microsoft and Xbox in Japan. Basically, the Xbox brand is a complete unknown to the Japanese public, and the few Japanese who know the Xbox brand to consider a deadpan brand who only knows how to make games without creativity in the genre of FPS.

I got excited for a second when I read the headline, only to read your post...

Yes, this would be awesome for MS, but not for Sega. They would have to give up making games for the PS4 and Wii U in Japan, which is essentially guaranteed profit. And for what? A huge gamble on the One picking up sales in Japan, when its predecessors have failed so miserably there. Sega would never do it.

Now, maybe MS can get some exclusive games from Sega, like Nintendo did with the Sonic games. That would still be a win for MS, and it would be more realistic for Sega.

Sega profit with sales of games for PS4 and Wii U is not as expressive as people imagine. Microsoft unable to afford the loss of revenue from Sega with these sales of games for competition quietly and very cheap to Microsoft.

The biggest profit of Sega comes today of the slot machines market in Japan and her partnership with Microsoft in the area of games don't hurt anything this deal from Sega.

When is scheduled the launch of the Xbox One in Japan?

What relevant game has Sega published in the last ten years? I'm serious, as the only thing I remember playing from them is three of the first Sonic games, Crazy Taxi, and Hydro Thunder.

Peace, J.R.

Well the Yakuza series for a start, house of the dead, virtua fighters, countless rpg's if you can at least read kanji. I can't be bothered so sorry but I'm quite sure I'm not the only one concerned about a western only future for the XB1. This is one of the main reasons I have all 3 current consoles. Before anyone has a dummy spit, this topic generates faceless comments based on defense.

Sensationalist Headline is sensational.

[quote]Well the Yakuza series for a start, house of the dead, virtua fighters, countless rpg's if you can at least read kanji.[/quote]

Never played the Yakuza series, House Of The Dead I forgot about, Virtua Fighter(s) were good (Another series I forgot about.), and I can't read Kanji; though I'm sure I've missed out on some good R.P.G.s.

Thanks for the info, J.R.