Parents control

Hi.

I am 20 years old and have just installed windows 8 to my main rig, and would like to integrate my xbox account to it. However when i try to log into my xbox account i have to accept the new "terms of use". When i do this i have to log into my parents account, and i have no idea of what that account could be (it have noting to do with my parents).

If i try to let xbox support call me i have to log into my "parents" account, and if i go into "My account" i get an error message. What do i do?

TheWatchMan

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hello

If your Xbox LIVE account is under parental control and you want to identify the parent Microsoft account, follow these steps on your console:

1. Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.
  2. Go to Settings and select Online Safety.
  3. Select an item to change and select Save.
  4. You are then prompted for your parent’s permission to make the change. The parent Microsoft account is displayed on the password entry screen.

Notes

• If you are not prompted for parental permission when you make the change, your profile is not under parental control.
  • If the age set in your Xbox LIVE account is at or above legal adult age for your country or region (for example, 18 in the United States), you can remove your account from parental control. For more information, see "Promote a child account to an adult account" in Xbox LIVE online safety and privacy.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks.

The only problem is: whenever i go into any kind of settings i have to accept the terms of use, where i need my "parents" account. And the account name is not displayed.

And if i try to go to "My account" i just get an error message.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.