Parental Password on Dashboard Update

With the new Dashboard Update came new terms of use. For the first time ever as far as I can remember they require the password for the parental account to accept it. So as of now I cannot connect to xbox live because of it.

I made the account over 5 years ago and my parents have long forgot what password goes along with it, we can't even recover their old password because it was created with an mts.net email so its not even supported on windows live so it never recognizes it.

I've called in multiple times before to try and get rid of the parental settings and be able to download graphic content but they've never been able to help, even with my parents calling in and giving consent.

Ive been able to deal with not downloading content but now its just ridiculous that my 13 year old brother has no problem downloading and connecting to live while I'm 16 and not able to do anything just because I put my actual birthday on 5 years ago.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Unfortunately thats the way it goes......my 13yr old son is in the same situation.....you won't be able to get adult status till your 18 I'm afraid, unless you make a new account which will cause you to loose everything.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

ik i have the same probleme im 13 to and it frustrates me that i cant download M content  or games without rating! unfurtunatly im gonna make a new account when my gold runs out next year!!

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="GaMeFrEaK9876"]

ik i have the same probleme im 13 to and it frustrates me that i cant download M content  or games without rating! unfurtunatly im gonna make a new account when my gold runs out next year!!

[/quote]

I have no sympathy for these statements. When you create an account (provided your parents didn't make one for you), how long would it take you to realize what sort of age restrictions are on it? Like, a day? So why wouldn't you just make a new account immediately? I can understand waiting till the XBL Gold runs out, but unless you put a year on there, it shouldn't be that long of a wait. You can even create a temporary account to game on for achievements, and bump it up to Gold when you're ready.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="noboundz"]

[/quote]

I have no sympathy for these statements. When you create an account (provided your parents didn't make one for you), how long would it take you to realize what sort of age restrictions are on it? Like, a day? So why wouldn't you just make a new account immediately? I can understand waiting till the XBL Gold runs out, but unless you put a year on there, it shouldn't be that long of a wait. You can even create a temporary account to game on for achievements, and bump it up to Gold when you're ready.

[/quote]

So here's my question:  Isn't it against the Xbox LIVE Terms of Service to lie about your age when creating an account?  I want to say it is, but it's not really enforced.

--
Juxtapose13

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Juxtapose13"]

[quote user="noboundz"]

-snip-

[/quote]

[/quote]

So here's my question:  Isn't it against the Xbox LIVE Terms of Service to lie about your age when creating an account?  I want to say it is, but it's not really enforced.

[/quote]

Yes. First section:

"By creating an account or otherwise accepting this contract, you represent that you are at least 18 years old or have reached the age of “majority” where you live. Your parent or legal guardian must set up an account on your behalf and accept this contract if you are under 18 or have not reached the age of “majority”."

-

Thing is, M rated does not apply to online content, so all that swearing and raging aside, I don't see why a mature kid couldn't handle say... Halo: Reach's campaign. I don't recall a single profanity uttered, and even the "blood" is discoloured and cartoonish. That the game has an M rating is a joke.The rating system is seriously flawed.

-

It ought to be up to the parent, who has to create the account in the first place, as to whether their child can play certain M games. And as far as I know, the ToU doesn't say a parent can't create an adult account for use by their child.

Sorry this didn't help.

Those are the kind of parents who would rather let there kids play M rated games, be desensitized to violence at a young age and then wonder why there kids are messed up and have no social skills. The ratings are there for a reason, joke or no joke if your allowing your kid who obviously not 17 and older play a violent game, your a parent who should be aware of the things your kid is watching and playing and not using the gaming system as a babysitter.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="FractuReality"]

Those are the kind of parents who would rather let there kids play M rated games, be desensitized to violence at a young age and then wonder why there kids are messed up and have no social skills. The ratings are there for a reason, joke or no joke if your allowing your kid who obviously not 17 and older play a violent game, your a parent who should be aware of the things your kid is watching and playing and not using the gaming system as a babysitter.

[/quote]

Personally I do feel it should be up to the parents' to decide.  I'm in my 30's and have been playing violent video games since before many of the posters here on this forum were born, and I most certainly do not lack social skills.

--
Juxtapose13

Sorry this didn't help.

@Juxtapose

I totaly agree......I set up my sons account thinking I have the rights as to what he can and can't do but alas I do not, yet he can listen to trash talk from idiots. mind you he mutes them.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Juxtapose13"]

[quote user="FractuReality"]

-snip-

[/quote]

Personally I do feel it should be up to the parents' to decide.  I'm in my 30's and have been playing violent video games since before many of the posters here on this forum were born, and I most certainly do not lack social skills.

[/quote]

First part, I agree, obviously. Second part... 30s isn't old lol. But still older than me;-)

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="noboundz"]

Second part... 30s isn't old lol. But still older than me;-)

[/quote]

Heh, depends on who you ask ;).

--
Juxtapose13

Sorry this didn't help.