Parental email forgotten, account is at a standstill

Hi, a little background on the account first: I first created it for the Zune program back in 2006 or 7.  Being a dumb 14 year old, i just entered a random birth year, and it stuck me with having to enable a parental account.  I used some alternate email i had back then.  I am now 21, and this is the general windows account I have always used.  The email is long forgotten, and I cannot change settings, enable xbox music on my pc, or remove the parental account without first agreeing tot he terms of service on my account and the parental account.  I do not own an xbox and have never logged into xbox live from an xbox.

I first spoke with the chat support, with Natalie, who assured me that if I call the xbox support phone line ((800) 469-9269), they could provide me with the email once I verified my ownership.  When I called the line, I spoke with Leslie, who told me that if the parental account was just a standard Microsoft account, and had no gamertag associated with it.  If it had one, she could have looked it up and told me the email of the parental account.  Since these accounts were created in 2006/7 (December or January) they first existed before the Zune program made the switch to include gamertags.  Back then you just logged in with your Windows live email.  When the switch came, I was prompted to create a gamertag for my account, and did, but did not for the parental account.

Leslie suggested that I make a post on this forum to bring this issue to your attention as she and her suprervisor had never come across it - that an account is at a standstill due to multiple rebrandings and now no one in the support chain is able to help.

Being a loyal Microsoft customer who purchased 3 Zunes and recommended them to friends, I want to continue using the account I have been using for the past 7 years, which is tied to my main email.  I am more than willing to provide any authentication upon request.

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 20 Applies to:

If you are unable to gain the parental email/password from support on the phone then there really is not much more you can do. The support agent should be able to issue you the parental email if you provide them with enough proof you are the owner. If they are unable to do that then I'm not sure what else can be done. I hope someone else can correct me or provide further guidance.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Another call to xbox phone support revealed that the agent could not even see any parent account associated with mine.    

Zune chat support keeps telling me to log in on an xbox.  There is a problem in your system that applies to a very small group of users that have had their windows live/zune accounts converted to xbox live accounts, but have never logged into xbox live from an xbox.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmm, that is kind of a tricky one- the fact that fake/random info was used during account creation really makes it tough to recover.  Honestly, I would be with phone support here- the best way to do it would be to log into a console, even if it's a friends or relatives (or maybe even see if a game store will let you use theirs worst case scenario).  Once we know that parental email we can work backwards to get you in and get the account promoted to an adult account.

Sorry this didn't help.

You have the parental email addresse written down, right? If not, go to the Xbox and try to accept the Terms of Use and it will be shown to you.

1) Take that to account.live.com/.../reset for the password reset

2) If you can't reset it, go to http://account.live.com/acsr SAVE THE EMAILS SENT TO YOU

3) If that fails, contact Support and provide them with the Console ID number from Settings | System | Console Settings | System Info (it's on the 2nd line) and the reference number from the email sent to you in Step 2, and submit a UE Request. It is faster to have the Agent call you by going to support.xbox.com/contact-us or you can look up the phone number from the 1st web link in the .sig shown below.

Sorry this didn't help.