Parental email-continued

So I've read a couple posts about people having issues with parental emails if they have forgotten their passwords and this problem is the one I'm experiencing. The parental email is even mine, and I know the password to it, however it is an aim.com email address. I have talked to support on the phone, they have told me to use the windows live account recovery system. This doesn't make sense to me because the parent email is not a windows live ID. The recovery process requires you to enter as much information as you know about your account, and the main focus of that information has to do with mail folders, recent mail subjects, etc-but these things don't exist with the account because IT ISN'T A WINDOWS LIVE EMAIL ACCOUNT! This problem is frustrating me thoroughly. Does anyone know of any other ways to get this email removed? Such as presenting a support representative with all of your account information associated with your system/gamertag? PLEASE HELP!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

A WLID isn't just an @live or @hotmail account. Once you use an email address to create a GT, it becomes a WLID. That said, if the web page recovery tool isn't working for you, please contact phone support in your region (support.xbox.com/.../contact-us.aspx) for more help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well, you are on the right track...almost.  What you are going to have to do is call support and go thru the "account verification" process...not the "windows live account recovery" thing.  I have no idea what that is about.  Anyway, there are at least two ways I know of doing this:  one is talk on the phone and the other is an email form.  I would do the email because you can take time to research the questions.  And questions are many...they ask you the name, address, phone numbers, card nos, etc.   Even the IP address of your PC!.  If you thought that the rep would tell you all of this...you are dead wrong.  You have to tell them.  On the email there is a text box for extra info...put in your GS, list some achievemets, even friend names!  Anything else you can think of because if you can't answer their questions to their satisfaction, then they will not help and your account is gone sure enough.  However, if you do make them happy, they will send you a password-reset and you can possibly change the parental email.  That is about the only thing I can think of.  And by the way, the term "windows-live id" is not  a type of email within itself...it is just a reference to the email that is associated with the account.  It can be anything...mine used to be a windstream email.  Some people just make up fictional ones and then come here crying about it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.