Parental Controls Stuck

My son is 17, has been for months, yet it still won't let him watch content saying "This video is restricted to people 17 and older.  The Xbox profile undeadzwarrior is not old enough."  I have been through the setttings to ensure all parental controls are turned off and he's set as "adult" on the xbox.  We don't know what else to do.  Any suggestions on what to try is greatly appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Unfortunately, for we gamers, the age of consent in America is 18 years of age.  Until his 18th birthday he cannot have access to adult materials.  This is not an Xbox policy, this is federal law.  Once he reaches the age of adulthood you can promote him to an adult from http://www.account.live.com. It will not work if you try it now because it will tell you that he does not meet age requirements.  But, once he does reach 18 you will need to promote him in order to lift that account restriction.  If you really wanted to, at least in the meantime, you could create an adult account either in your name w/ your info, or you can create a fake birthdate for him on a new account.  But, of course, Microsoft is not responsible for any exposure your child has to adult content if you do create an account with a deceptive birth date or allow your child access to inappropriate materials by providing them the password to an adult account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That only makes partial sense.  I mean, as a citizen I get that 18 is the age of consent, etc.  But the error message specifically says "17 and older" not 18 and older.  He is 17.  So, I'm not sure that the 18 yrs old age of consent issue is the problem, not when it's saying 17 and older.

Still looking for answers...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.