Parental Controls - Not Family Friendly

The family settings or Parental Control options for my xbox are extremely lacking. I would think a gaming platform would have more options. The only options I can get are a timer to limit game time and game/movie rating, restrict the ability to create an xbox live account, and restrict access to xbox live for the entire system (not by gamertag).

I want more options to restrict access to other areas of the xbox. One area in particular is the xbox settings. Why does it prompt for the passcode for family settings, but not for system settings? My son has gone in and deleted EVERYTHING in the memory twice now. I have no way of preventing him from doing this. I also had to remove my credit card from my adult account because even with the dodgy passcode system, it's not secure enough to leave attached and my son still unintentionally buys things. This often happens when he is playing a game that allows a second player to join in. It will automatically associate my gamertag with the second player (perhaps because we only have 2 accounts on the xbox) and automatically signs me in and leaves me signed in without requiring the passcode to be entered. The only games I find that always stop the game and ask for the passcode are games for the Kinect.

I would like a child setting that gives access ONLY to whatever is in the system tray and items in the game library (probably a movie library area too, but I don't have movies on my xbox so I'm not sure how this aspect works). Obviously adhering to the ratings set up in the parental controls. I don't understand why both an adult and a child can't use the same gaming platform at his or her own levels of security.

Thank You.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

You may want to copy and paste this post to this section forums.xbox.com/.../133.aspx Its the Xbox LIVE Wishlist/Feedback forum.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Also check this out a buddy of mine wrote this up. Explains the in and outs of Parental Controls

forums.xbox.com/.../37465.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.