Parental controls between homes of divorced parents?

Here is the situation.  I am step dad to 4 wonderful kids 10-13, who all had Xbox accounts set up before I was in the picture.  I believe they are all set up as parental accounts not children's accounts.   We are finding we have different Xbox rules between homes and the kids have started downloading and playing games that are not age appropriate and In our home we want to lock down the xbox, but not affect what they are doing at their dad's house.  What is the best way of going about this?

I am thinking I want to restrict access to downloading new games, restrict access to games M and above, restrict access to making new accounts, and to add time limits to each account.  I am new to the Xbox and have just started learning about what controls I can add, so any assistance would be much appreciated.  

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 22, 2018 Views 23 Applies to:

Oh, I should also mention both are Xbox 360's

http://www.venzandsons.com - affiliate marketing wannabe

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Aughie hello there :)

I am going to move your thread over to the Xbox 360 Support Forums to ensure that you receive the best help possible.

Many thanks,

Cloud

Note: Moved from Gamer Parents and Family Gaming to Xbox 360 Support Forum (Section 03)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there

Welcome to the forums

I see you have had quite a journey on the forums. =D

Anyway, to the question. In order to set up parental controls onto their accounts, you will need to have access to their accounts. Once you have access, turn on your Xbox 360, sign into their accounts and scroll right to the settings tab on the dashboard. From there you should then see the Family Settings icon, with Family settings wrote inside it. Its like a tile on Windows 8, you cant miss it.

Click onto it, it should then greet you with the passcode you have set for their accounts. Once entred correctly, you will be able to choose what they can and cannot do on Xbox Live. Please note though, I am unsure if it will continue onto another Xbox, It should as it is enforcing it onto their accounts, but am a little wary of it myself. Once you are happy with the changes you have made, please save the settings and then sign out of their account.

This should then take action on their next sign in

I hope this helps you with your issue, please be sure to post back any results you may have

Regards,

Volunteer Moderator | Xbox Ambassador | Article Author | Windows & Xbox Insider

Sorry this didn't help.

I've been told that a child cannot be a part of two different Xbox Live Family accounts. My children use a 360 at one home and an Xbox One at the other. support.xbox.com/.../cant-add-adult-to-family.

I have been told by Microsoft Support that The primary purpose of creating a “family” on Xbox One is to make it easier to manage parental controls and online safety for children.

The kids can however log in with their same account on both families devices.  But if they need to change their parental settings at the other parents home, they may need your log in info.

Sorry this didn't help.