Parental controlls

hi, im wondering if anyone can tell me how i can go about getting rid of the parental controlls on my account, when i made this account i rushed it and somehow manadged to get them on, i am 18 but i cant find any way of turning them of or altering them, and the parental account for my xbox account doesnt exist anymore, is there anyway xbox can remove these settings for me? i would rather use this account than go make another one

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Just a thought, If you still have the password the the parental account, you could try to logon to xbox.com, goto the safety settings and you might be able to remove them there.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

dont have the password or anything to it :S the parental account was inactive for so long it was deleted, it was made for the purpose of making a xbox account and i didnt think to set my age higher than what it was to counter this problem... :S is there no way xbox can remove them or something lol

Sorry this didn't help.

We recommend that you abide by the Terms of Use and enter your correct information, including age. If you do not have access to the parent account, then you will have to wait until the account age reaches 18.

Sorry this didn't help.

i know everyone who is reading this and replying is trying to help... but you are not reading properly, i am 18 going on 19, the account was made a while back and the Parental account no longer exists, i did abide by the terms of use by entering my correct age... which was obviously my 1st mistake. its not like im trying to undermine what i did by entering the parentall account into it, its the fact that i cannot change the settings because the parental account does not exist anymore, all i want to know is if this can be sorted in anyway or to put it plainly does xbox not care?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Cozworth! If you are over 18, you can simply promote your account under Account Management and this will remove the parent link entirely. Check that out and let me know if it helps!

Sorry this didn't help.