Parental Consent for my Sons new Xbox Live account.

Hi, I'm having the same issue that seems to have been reported before, when I try to give parental consent for my sons new Xbox live account I get the message 'Locale not Supported - Sorry the parent and child regions don't match' etc I have checked the regions of my account, my sons and the machine, all say uk. Any suggestions please

Thanks

Hey there Jim!

-

You can set Family Settings by logging into your sons account, scrolling over to Settings>Family Settings>then just turn Family Settings on and make up a passcode. :-)  For the region issues, you will need to reach out to Xbox Phone Support by going to support.xbox.com/contact-us

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

so our son created an account/profile (?) from his 360 console; he also "redeemed" a 12-month Live Gold membership; unfortunately, he sped through the options and i didn't catch what was needed to provide parental consent; i've created a microsoft account, but am unable to track down how/where to provide the needed parental consent for him to get online..and this after paying $60usd for the game (which he cannot play unless he's got a live membership..???..$$$); please help as this has quickly become a source of frustration for parent and child alike, thanks in advance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there oldJarh3ad!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already.  This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you.  Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried.  Thanks in advance!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 102 Applies to: