Parental Confirmation impossible as it thinks we are different regions so can't set up son's XBox Live account

I have tried checking region. No option for that on my son's- there's no region section on his profile on the XBox. On mine none was set up so I put in UK but that didn't help. There seems no way to do the parental confirmation even though we are both using the same XBox in the same room in the same house because it thinks my XBox Live profile is in a different region from the one my son is trying to set up on the same XBox?! can anyone help? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

You can check the region of an account by visiting https://billing.microsoft.com and click on "Go to personal information". Do this for both accounts and make sure they are the same. If you are trying to set up an account, you can try doing it on Xbox.com. There it will give you an option to set the region to whatever you want.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I managed to set up an account through with the website and that let me do parental confirmation. Now I have a problem that the XBox won't let my son log in to XBox Live with it and he cannot use the email address to create another account and it wouldn't let me do parental confirmation if he did. The XBox insists he creates the account through the XBox only but won't let me do parental confirmation so even if he created a new email address it wouldn't help.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.