Parental account was hacked

Hello forum.

Well its been years since i made this account. Upon created it i was (and still am for the next few months) under the age of 18. Meaning that after creating the account i also had to force my mum to create an account too in order to give parental permission. However the live account that my mum used was hacked not long after account creation. Because live messenger being a windows server she was unable to retrieve it. This was never an issue as this account was only ever used for playing some PC games and i barly ever logged in to attempt any management of it. However I now am thinking of purchasing an Xbox to play online which would require me to also buy a gold account. Just today i was checking the price of a gold account via the upgrade / manage section of my profile and i realised i needed parental permission to do so.

Now as much as I am anoyed that i still need parental permission to access these things even though im no longer even living with them is besides the point. My problem being that i no longer have any access to the parental account used to create this account (I have already tried to recover the account with my mum but according to microsoft customer services we where never the rightful owners). Which means i have no access to the parental options for this account rendering it useless.

Is there any way that the parental account can be changed? Or must I wait several months for my account to be upgraded to an adult account so i can give microsoft my money?

Many Thanks

CAEl1TE.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Is there no way to change the parental account?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you dont know the information to the parent account then you most wait till your account is upgraded to an adult. I hope this can shedd some light on your situation.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.