Parental Account Issues

OK so when I signed up to XBox Live a while back I needed a parents/guardians email for the parental email (I was like 14).  Normally I'd go to my mum for her email for parental stuff but she was out at that time and my mums fiancee was home at the time so I asked him for his email to use as the parental email.  Long story short they separated and we have since had no contact with him whatsoever.  Which brings me to one of two issues:

1.  I was able to remember his password for the parental account to that I could agree to earlier Terms of Service changes etc.

2.  During the account creation something weird happened and my date of birth ended up being more recent than it actually is (I'm 19 now).

First question.  Is there anyway to get rid of the Parental account as I no longer need it (I can prove age etc)?

Second question.  If I can't get rid of the Parental account is there anyway to change the account to my mothers?

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you,

Callum

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hi Callum!

If your date of birth that's entered on your Xbox LIVE account puts your age at 18+ now you should be able to promote your account from a child to an adult by following the directions on this page here. This process can only be initiated from a Xbox 360 console. If your Xbox LIVE account age is not at least 18 you will not be able to do this process until that account hit's that age.

As far as getting rid of your current parental e-mail and adding your mother's e-mail as the new parental e-mail, yes of course this is possible. If you have access to the current parental account, please download this account to your Xbox 360 console.

Once the account is downloaded, from the dashboard go to Settings > Family > Remove Family Member (or something of that sort should be there). The parent can remove themselves from the child. When the child logs into their account again they will be prompted to enter in a new e-mail. From that point, you can enter in your mothers e-mail and you should be fine. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I don't have access to the Parental Account so I can't get rid of it.  I can't even go into My Account at xbox.com because I need to agree to the terms and conditions, which I can't because I don't have access to the Parent Account.  I have an ongoing XBox live Gold Membership tied to this account which I would like stopped and I can't actually do that.

When I try to access My Account at xbox.com it says I've found a glitch and brings up an error page.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you've already tried to fill out the Microsoft Account Recovery form, or tried to reset the parental e-mail password, then you'd need to contact phone support for further assistance. Unfortunately, forum support agents are not able to assist with terms of service issues past this point.

Phone support can also assist you in cancelling your membership if you're having trouble doing so on Xbox.com. 

Sorry this didn't help.