Parental 4 Digit bypass if using Quickplay

I have tried to be very cautious about the internet content that comes into my household. With all the new apps, some do NOT have proper filtering setups (YouTube, DailyMotion). I was very happy to see the update require the 4 Digit passcode for opening YouTube and DailyMotion. But I just yesterday found out that  using the Quick play option form the Xbox Dashboard BYPASSES the 4 Digit security code. The window doesn't even open up and it goes straight to YouTube.

Has anyone else ran into this problem? If so, I hope that Microsoft addresses this in the next update. I have already sent them feedback, but figured I would also post here.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey there General Squish! Thank you so much for making this post. We are currently looking into this issue, and I hope to have an update on a fix for this soon. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for responding... is there any update on this issue. My Xbox has updated twice. After the first update the YouTube and DailyMotion apps don't even show up on the Apps marketplace due to my family settings (both apps are currently deleted from my console). This was good, no one could download them without the passcode. But now after the second update, YouTube appears on the MAIN All Apps Marketplace window for download, but not if I go into the Video Apps or search for it. So, You tube is still accessible with out the pass code. This is very upsetting, I figured that this security should be an easy fix, to just apply the pass code to access these poorly filtered apps. I hope that Microsoft really out this issue. I feel that content is being forced upon me and my house without safe guards. If this doesn't change, I have no choice but to get rid of my Xbox. I love it, but the safety of my household comes first.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Squish - thanks for the update! We are currently still investigating this issue and it's cause. I do apologize for the delay in obtaining a resolution, but I hope to have more info for you soon!

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok... it seems that now when trying to download YouTube via the main menu screens, it NOW asks for the passcode. This is great! I now have my Xbox secured as it needs to be. Thank you very much for responding to this.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello again. I don't know if anyone is aware, but my Xbox no longer asks for the PASSCODE when downloading YouTube, Manga, and other apps that are supposed to be protected. My Family Protection is on, hasn't been changed. My house now has access to these apps. What happened? This is very frustrating. I do not like how Xbox live determines whether an app is protected or not, then from time to time drops the security. This is un-acceptable. Please, I don't wish to act vicious toward the Xbox teams. I love the Xbox, and its a great console. But, I am angry about these security drops. I've been asking for a menu in the Parental Controls to let me choose which apps I DEEM should be protected by the passcode or not. Please help, I'm trying the best to protect my house, and its becoming very difficult. Thank You.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, Squish. I'm very sorry to hear about this and I do apologize for the inconvenience. If I understand correctly, these apps were previously blocked. Is that right? As a test can you try resetting your passcode and let me know if you still encounter this issue? I don't believe it's possible to control which apps are accessible on an app-by-app basis. However, can you confirm to me that the account in question has Social Network Sharing turned off? Thanks in advance.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for your response. Currently right now, my passcode for these apps is now working... they are blocked. And in answer to your question, yes... these apps were previously blocked. If this issue comes up again, I will test out what you suggested.

It is unfortunate that I cannot block which apps I decide. Hopefully an update on future Xbox OS?

Should I have social networking turned off anyways. Does this make a difference?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the update, Squish. Definitely let me know if you encounter this issue again. If you'd like to share your feedback about blocking specific apps, I'd recommend posting here in this forum: forums.xbox.com/.../2603.aspx. This will make sure your suggestions reach the optimal audience.

As for Social Networking Sharing, this option determines whether or not the profile can post to social networks such as Facebook. If you are concerned about social apps such as YouTube, this will help prevent sharing through those venues.

Sorry this didn't help.

Now DailyMotion is available to download from the Main Dashboard Pages without needing the Passcode. YouTube is still working though, needing the passcode. Thank you for the link. I followed it and posted my issue there. This really is my last plea to fix this issue, because it still keeps coming up again and again. I hope the developers see this is a very important issue. Thank you for all your help.

Sorry this didn't help.

Just found ANOTHER loophole in the family passcode security. I wanted to see the new Halo 4 live action series. As clicked to watch it, it automatically started to download YouTube app WITHOUT a passcode needed. Not only that, but the filter settings in the app had full access... usually with my family settings they would be locked on STRICT. What is going on!? Why is this issue consistently coming up? Sorry, but I am really angry about all this. I have to have my Account locked out, which stops everyone else playing ANYTHING online while these security issues persist unless there is a moderator present. No incentive to play games, buy games, or anything else. Does anyone at the developers side or the marketing side see an issue with this? Has anyone also had an issue? I'm completely lost here... no answers, and no help. Forgive me for my rudeness and anger, I am almost done with Xbox.

Sorry this didn't help.