Parent Included in Xbox Live Gold Family Account?

As a parent, I have just purchased an Xbox Live Gold Family account.  When I review the family membership, I see that my account is included as one of the 4 available accounts. 

I will NEVER be playing Xbox, and I will NEVER need Xbox Live.  My intent was to purchase these 4 accounts for 4 of my children.  How do I exclude myself from taking up one of the Xbox live accounts?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

You can't.  The person who purchased the pack is the one in charge of all the accounts.  This helps prevent unauthorized access to purchasing and control of the other accounts access to live which I hope was part of the reason you purchased the pack in the first place.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Control of the other accounts' access to Live is not just a "part" of why I had purchased the pack.  Control of the other accounts was the entire reason that I purchased the pack.  

"Other" is emphasized because my childrens' Live accounts are completely different types of accounts from what I thought I would be assigned when I purchased this pack.  I'm sorry, I'm not one of the adults who play video games.  However, I'm not going to purchase the family pack in one of my children's names for them to have access to control the accounts.  That's like putting the fox in charge of the hen house!

It doesn't make sense that the purchasor must be included as one of the Xbox Live accounts.  There should be a non-Xbox Live participating administration account that controls the administration of the family pack  If that purchasor wishes to also use Xbox Live, he should have the ability to grant that access to himself as one of the 4 available Xbox Live accounts.  I had purchased the pack expecting to be able to provide 4 accounts for my 4 children who are old enough to use Live, while I simply retained administrative control over granting and revoking access.  

I am aware that many adults play video games, but I'm guessing that the majority of gamers are still children who do not have the financial ability to purchase a Family Pack.  My expectation of the functionality of this account can't be an unusual understanding.  Yes, I could let one of my kids use my credentials, but then they have the ability to grant access against my wishes.

Microsoft needs to re-think this configuration.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Rogue! I'm sorry for the confusion here, but there is no way around this. To have a subscription is to have an Xbox LIVE account, there is no way to separate the two. Please let me know if there is anything further I can do to help your experience. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.