Parent e-mail password forgotten?

I don't play Xbox anymore, and I'm looking to sell it. While trying to to cancel my subscription it says I need to accept the new Terms of Use, and I need the parent e-mail to do so. Well I created my account when I was an idiot, and threw some random e-mail account down that no one knows the password to. How can I cancel Xbox Gold without having to do this nonsense?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 152 Applies to:

First, get the email account from your Xbox by following these steps support.xbox.com/.../forgot-microsoft-account (Find your Parent Microsoft Account)

Copy down the email address and visit account.live.com/.../reset, click "I forgot my password" and "Reset your password". Enter the email address from before and solve the word puzzle. Click "I can't use any of these options."

You will need to fill out a questionnaire designed to prove your identity. That should give you access to your account.

If this does not solve your problem, contact Microsoft Support at support.xbox.com/contact-us

Contact me on Twitter: @DavBlayn

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

support.xbox.com/contact-us and select your issue. You'll be able to request a call back from support (bypassing long hold times), verify the account, and the support agent will be able to cancel it for you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.