Parent: Approval Required (the bane of my Microsoft accounts existence)

Years ago I bought an xbox 360. My dad then bought CoD MW2 for himself to play on my console (pay attention to "my" that'll be important later). So he made an Xbox Live account on my Xbox so he could play online. All of a sudden once I finally was able to connect my console to the internet my dad's account was made the (technically) admin of my xbox. Anything i wanted to do required his account email and password. My dad didn't assume it would be important so he's long since forgotten the password. Ever since then anything that required parental permission has been off limits to me just because of my dads account being owned by someone older than me. Before it was sort of just small things. But now, thanks to the new terms of service, my account has been bricked. Not my Xbox, my ACCOUNT. Even if I don't have my 360 any more I still need my account. I'm in the project spark beta and need my account to use it, I go onto the website to log in: "Parent: Approval Required". And that's just the present, I want to by an Xbox One and I fear that my account will brick the console due to it's inability to go on xbox live. I beg of anyone who reads this: is it possible to un-link my dads account from mine without him (he won't take the time to reset his password)?. Note that before my xbox connected to the internet my mom put in a parental e-mail and password.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

If the parents account is deactivated u can call xbox support to get the parent account change with a different parent email or if he stills has access the email he can still the change the password and once u gain access to the account u change the email email to a more update one. If u are already the age of 18yrs old then you should promote your account to an adult account then having it as a child account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.