Parent Account

Hi, I made my account when I was like 10 years old so I used a parent's account to verify mine or something of the sort.. So today I tried to add microsoft points and it said I need permission from my parents.. But the issue is nor me or my parents have access to that account. We never wrote it down and to be honest I have no memories of what the username or anything was. Is there anyway I can terminate the parental account?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

If the parent email account hasn't be compromised, I would suggest calling Xbox Support so they can look up the email account and you or your parents can have access to it again.

--Hope this was helpful, good luck and happy gaming!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

What I'm not understanding is why it prompts me for my parent account when I'm a free member but not gold. I'm trying to get my parent email right now.

Sorry this didn't help.

Your account type has nothing to do with parental controls. If your profile is set to a child's account, certain actions need parental confirmation whether online or offline, Gold or Silver. Unfortunately, you'll need give Xbox Support a call since they're the only ones who can change your account settings besides yourself. The number is 1-800-4MY-XBOX. If you live outside of the U.S., let me know and I'll try to provide you with the proper support phone number.

Sorry this didn't help.