Parent account e-mail changed. Can't recover parent password because it sends it to the disabled email address. How can I change the e-mail to the current parent account?

As the title is, my dad changed his e-mail recently, and we forgot the parent account password to change some settings. This wasn't much of a big deal, but now I need the parent account to accept the new terms and we can't even log in as it. We can't recover the password because it sends it to the disabled e-mail. Is there a way we can change the parent email?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 20 Applies to:

Hello SlimJim,

You will need to first gain access to the parental account in order for you to be able to successfully agree to the terms and conditions. If you're a child account, if you're able to gain access to your account you should be able to promote your account from a child to an adult (assuming you're at least 18 years old) by following the directions given here.

The parent must agree to the new terms first and then you can login to your own account and accept them. If you don't have access to the parental account you will need to try to fill out the Microsoft Account Recovery form found here, or try to reset the password found here.

If you're unable to either of those things then you may be out of luck. You can try to contact phone support and see if they are able to assist you in some way, but I don't think they will be able to as you used false information on the parental e-mail.

Further information in regards to the new terms of service agreement update can be found here.

-

If you wish to change the parental e-mail, you will need to have access to the prior parental account first. Once you have access to that parental account you'd download it to your Xbox 360 console and go to Settings > Family and the parent will remove themselves as the child's guardian. When the child logs into Xbox LIVE again they are asked to enter in a new e-mail address for a parent before they are able to proceed. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm having the same issue. I can access my account on here but have 0 access to the parental email/pass.

Is it possible to somehow still use my account without the parental email?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey NiNjA,

If you have no access to the parent account you'll want to contact our Phone Support team. They'll be able to look into your account with you and get things sorted out. 

Sorry this didn't help.