Page numbers and additional functionality

So (typing this for the second time as it failed the first(and second)) I decided to write a few tweaks for the forum functionlity (in case they never do it themselves) for firefox (using greasemonkey).

The basic aim was (is) to improve functionality and so as they are still works in progress they aren't exactly pretty soloutions (and there could be bugs). But anyway so far I have.

Page numbers for threads.

Page numbers at the top of each thread.

Forum "tree" at the bottom of each thread.

(NEW) Link to the forum section a favourite thread was posted in. (I personally don't want to favourite a bunch of sections, this may not be much use for others though.) At the moment it could do with a bit of clarity, the problem is there isn't much space to put like "UK General Xbox Discussion" or whatever the section may be called. I'll have a look at tweaking it. (Maybe someone has some good suggestions). I should also add I haven't favourited any other content I suspect it may break with other stuff, if it does let me know... I'll fix it (hopefully).

There's a few other things I want to add. Moving the menus for example so they aren't so close together, although I'm not sure how best to go about this (and there's a few things I'm fairly certain I can't do).

Anyway long story short, if anyone has any suggestions for (relatively minor) adjustements that would be of benefit let me know. And (obviously) if anyone wants a copy of the scripts let me know (and let me know if you encounter any bugs or anything). I might get round to uploading them sometime but at the moment I'm updating them too often for it to be worth the effort (especially if nobody cares).

EDIT:

Scripts:

Thread Script (Page Numbers and tree)
Directory Script (Page Numbers)
Home Script (Favourites forum section)

To get them to work (at least using firefox and greasemonkey (I'm not sure about any other browser)) install greasemonkey and it should recognise the script when you open it). Any problems, ask (I'll try and help...).

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Nice, how can someone who uses the forums, is able to make this, whereas people who deal with this for a living can't (not  that you're bad or anything OP).

Is there anyway I can implement this into IE9?

Forum tree and page numbers i would be interested in sir.

Nice work!!

Great work, although unfortunately I feel it'll land on deaf ears. Basic forum functionality doesn't exist here.

Something tells me it's for a reason...

Nice post and some good additions, really should of been there since the start, a copy of the scripts would be nice!

Scripts added to the OP (fingers crossed they work).

[quote user="SONIC SCREAM 07"]

Nice, how can someone who uses the forums, is able to make this, whereas people who deal with this for a living can't (not  that you're bad or anything OP).

Is there anyway I can implement this into IE9?

[/quote]Ok, tried it with Internet Explorer (I used 8, but I assume 9 will work).

I found Trixie which seems to work well enough (seemed kinda slow though and I haven't fully tested it)

Works a treat, top work sir!! 

you sir are a star, already it's making the forums better for me

Finally Some Progress 5 Stars :D

Added forum section links to favourites. (See OP). (I'm a bit weary that this might be buggy when exposed to non-thread favourites). (Tested it, and it was, but I think it's sorted now).