Packet loss?

I am having around 100% packet loss on my xbox one around the same time everynight. It causes gaming to lag and party chat to stop working. Netflix and so on is fine. Is this a xbox issue or my internet provider? This has happened for about a week now Everything internet related is fine besides gaming and party chat? Please help this is really annoying now

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 82 Applies to:

Hi RAGambit7,

Sorry you're having issues with your Xbox connecting to the internet. If your Netflix works fine, but you have issues connecting to games, that really doesn't sound like packet loss. 100% packet loss would meant that no internet is working what so ever. Is your Xbox on the wireless or is it plugged in. If you're wireless the first thing I would suggest doing is plugging the Xbox in via Ethernet cable to see if the problem persists. If the issue does persist then do a test of your network settings from within the Xbox itself.

To do this: Go to your home screen and press Menu, then Settings, then Network. Go to column three and test your network connection. If you see an error use the Xbox One Network Connection Error Solution. After that test your multiplayer connection. If you see an error here run the Xbox One Multiplayer Connection Error Solution..

Hope this helps.

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It isn't always at !00% very rarely it is but it is around the 60 - 80 range a lot. Xbox network settings never say there is an issue all I can notice is packet loss.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.