Overheating of xbox360 slim.

I think my xbox overheated because it froze in game after 6-7 hours of playing it.(I know a lot) but then I turned it back on it worked for like 5 minutes then shut off so I tried it again then shut off instantly and when ever I try to play it it just shuts off instantly. Please help can I fix it somehow? I want to know before I buy a new one.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Give it an hour or two break if it is running hot the last thing you wanna do is keep turning it on. You are only going to make things worse constantly turning it on. When it has cooled down move it to somewhere else preferably a well ventilated area and turn it on. Also be sure to check the side vent to see if it isn't clogged with dust or dirt or anything foreign. If it is still overheating send it in for repair.

What version of the xbox slim do you have? I think mine has overheated like once and that was awhile back when I had it on all day and was gaming. Like Aus said, try to keep it off for least an hr to see if that helps it any, make sure all ventilation on the xbox isn't being covered at all, make sure it's out of range of sunlight, heaters, etc If nothing improves then there could be a very high chance of needing it to go in for repairs.

I don't know what version it is but it is shiny and I haven't turned it on or tried to for a couple days and right now it is in a ventilated area. How much does repairs cost and how long would it take?

As soon as I try to turn it on it shuts down but I might try it in a few minutes

If it is shutting down within a few minutes at a time it could be an electrical fault. Is it still in warranty? If it is the repair should be free, if not it might cost you to repair it. How long have you had the console? Do you still have a store receipt on where you purchased it? If you to send it to Microsoft it can depend on location but an estimate could be 2 to 3 weeks or it could be a months wait depending on where you live in the world.

The best thing to do is call Xbox support and talk to them to see what can be done. Just be sure to have the consoles Identification number ready and any kind of proof of purchase on hand.

I had the xbox for a while but I think I will just call I got the xbox off of eBay brand new but yeah I will just call

Hope you get it all sorted out :)

Have you had any power outages and do you use a surge  protector?.I have  2 consoles that do this same thing.We went through a month of storms and power outages and they were plugged in with no surge protectors.

What is a surge protector and I think it may have been a power outage