OVERHEATING IN THE FASTEST TIME I HAVE EVER SEEN!

I don't know why, but my Xbox 360 elite is overheating so quick, in about 5-6 minutes, giving ,e the 2 red rings. I let it cool down for like several hours, went outside to pass the time, came back in and turned it on, load up BO2, finding a multi player match and then it turns off, in under like 6 minutes. I haven't gotten on Xbox in a week before this happened time and when I did get back on, this happened. I got a can of compressed air to see if maybe it was dust, sprayed about half of the can into my Xbox but it still hasn't fixed it, it just delayed the time it takes to overheat to about 10 minutes. Are there any other possible solutions and could it be the hot weather affecting my Xbox too, or Do  I really need to get it repaired? Please Anser

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:
Answer

So this might sound stupid, dumb or weird, but I actually found a solution to this. Bottle Caps. Get 4 and put them under your Xbox at each corner. This helped me fix my overheating problem and I hope that if you have this problem too that you stumble upon this post and find that bottle caps may help you like it did to me!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

First off, you shouldn't spray compressed air into the console's vents.  If there is dust inside it only moves it around.  Also, compressed air is liquid based and when sprayed too close to the motherboard could short it out.

Now, try the steps listed at the link below to help your console vent properly.  If they don't work or are not the issue then you will need to request a repair on the console.

support.xbox.com/.../two-flashinglights

Good luck.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.