Our WONDERFUL liveenforcement, good job

Just thought I would post a comment about the AWESOME job that the liveenforcement crew is doing. Like banning my account because I put my last name, "****" in the name box. Silly me for making that mistake. And of course when I ask about it I'm told I can't have it because it's a racial slur. But of course I can't just change it and keep playing for an honest mistake I still have to serve the ban. Sorry xbox enforcement crew for having the last name I do and putting it in the name box. Keep up the wonderful work since there's no hackers or modder's out there to worry about.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

[quote user="Deathman157"]

Just thought I would post a comment about the AWESOME job that the liveenforcement crew is doing. Like banning my account because I put my last name, "Beaner" in the name box. Silly me for making that mistake. And of course when I ask about it I'm told I can't have it because it's a racial slur. But of course I can't just change it and keep playing for an honest mistake I still have to serve the ban. Sorry xbox enforcement crew for having the last name I do and putting it in the name box. Keep up the wonderful work since there's no hackers or modder's out there to worry about.

[/quote]

Read the TOS and it won't happen.

I think they do a wonderful job too.

It seems a little unfair to get banned because I put my last name in the name slot. No warning about the fact that I cant have it,even though it's my last name! I could almost understand being told to change it or I will get banned.

You can try posting over in the enforcement section of the forums (Linky), and let them know of this.

Yeah that's what I thought too, simple mistake they don't know its my last name and I'll get it resolved no problems.

But when I posted over there the first time my post was deleted and the reply was "while I understand this may be your last name, unfortunately the term beaner is often used as a racial slur." While it may be you can look at my account and clearly see the name attached with it and support can see the name on the credit card associated with the account.

The second time I posted to try to clarify I was simply told I had to wait for the suspension to be over and that most suspensions are between 24 hours and two weeks.

The third time I asked why my posts were deleted and since this was my last name and purely unintentional if it could be resolved in any way. The answer was "Apologies, but this forum is for the purpose of learning the reason behind individual Xbox Live account suspensions, not to debate their duration or validity. The suspension will stand as issued."

So I can't call customer support to point out the error and I cant talk to anyone that hands down the suspensions, seems like a messed up system to me. I thought the enforcement team would be a little more understanding of a stupid coincidence like this. Sorry for the long post but I feel like the details need to be out there, this doesn't seem like a fair way of handling this.