Original xbox one mic issues

I have 2 friends using the original black headset that came with the xbox one. Recently when they try to talk  their voice comes through with lots of crackle and popping noises. Both have updated controller with mic plugged in and still doing it. Anyone else having this problem or is their a way to fix this? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

I noticed if I power my system down and power the system up by turning on my controller first I dont seem to have this issue.  If i use Xbox on it wont allow the headset mic to boot up.  It is some kind of bug.  I would imagine that when the hardware starts to detect the different logic coded on the controllers that for some reason it times out when trying to boot up that operation.  If the controller is the primary method of turning on your system then you shouldn't have any issue.  Let me know if this helps!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

As an addition to this I should say that sign in using the controller and start a party using the controller first as well.  Then everything after that is no problem.  Only on a fresh boot that is.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.