Original Xbox Live Starter Kit

Hi there, I have a quick question.

While rooting around in the attic the other day, I found something I picked up in France a few years ago, it was an Xbox Live Starter Kit for the original Xbox, containing the headset and a 12 month subscription code. I picked it up for about 5 euros as it was in a sale upon the advent of the Xbox 360 debut.

Would the code work with the current iteration of Xbox Live, by any chance? My subscription is up for renewal in a few days but don't want to risk opening this as if the code will not work, I can sell it on ebay as an unopened, still sealed package.

Many thanks if you know the answer!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 108 Applies to:

Original xbox subscription codes will no longer work on xbox LIVE. Don't open the package. It's not worth it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Xbox 360 console subscription codes are designed specifically for the Xbox 360 console and are not compatible with the original Xbox console. However, original Xbox subscription codes can be used on an Xbox 360 console. [Taken from https://live.xbox.com/en-US/RedeemToken?xr=shellnav]

Sorry this didn't help.

If the code is fromFrance, it will only work in that region if it is still good.

Sorry this didn't help.