Original Xbox Games with transfer cable

Im trying to play battlefront 2 on my xbox 360 and I was wondering if I'm connecting the hard drive using a transfer cable is there any way to make it work. When I try to play it says i need to connect a hard drive

Question Info

Last updated July 10, 2018 Views 33 Applies to:

The Transfer cable is designed solely to move data from one hard drive to another.  It is not designed to extract certain saved game files in order to play them.  

If you want to play a saved game from that hard drive, simply install the hard drive onto your Xbox. 

<edit> I just realized you that you are asking about an original Xbox game.  The transfer cable will only work between Xbox 360 hard drives.  They will not work with original Xbox hard drives.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you're trying to use a 360 HDD via the Transfer Cable, that won't work. The Transfer Cable device is only for copying/moving files.

If you're trying to use a Transfer Cable to copy an original XBOX save game file, that's sort of possible. If you use the original transfer software included on a disc with the original upgrade HDDs, it'll move EVERYTHING (including installed 360 games, so delete those first) from the existing HDD to the new HDD. It also wipes out the entire target HDD so make sure you back up your saves to a USB Memory Unit ahead of time.

Note that any original XBOX DLC will stop working if you change the console the game is installed on. An example is the map packs for Halo 2. Whlle you can move them to another console using the original transfer software, they won't work afterward as the console serial number will have changed.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.